Carla's Southwest Dip is an instant favorite!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 can corn (drained, 15 ounces)
- 1 block cream cheese (softened, 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 bunch scallions (white and light green parts only, sliced on bias)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos (drained, chopped)
- 3/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- tortilla chips (to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Adjust the oven rack to the highest rack in the oven. Preheat the broiler.
- In a large bowl add the corn, cream cheese, milk, scallions, cumin, jalapenos and season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine and remove to an 8-inch cast iron skillet. Top with cheddar cheese and place under the broiler until the cheese is melted and golden brown and the center is warmed through. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Tip: Make the day before and bake right before the dinner party.
Similar categories: Appetizers, Starters & Snacks
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa