Chew fan Noreen Palinkas puts a twist on your classic burger!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion (peeled, finely chopped)
- 2-3 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1 clove garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 8 ounces feta (crumbled)
- 4 Italian buns (toasted)
- 4 slices provolone (optional)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Preheat a grill or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat.
- In a large saute pan add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onions and cook until golden, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Add spinach and garlic and cook until spinach is just starting to wilt. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, egg, red pepper flakes, cooled spinach mixture, and crumbled feta. Just barely mix to combine. Form into four even patties. Place on grill and cook until charred on both sides and cooked through to 165ºF, about 6 minutes per side.
- Serve patties on an Italian bun and top the burger patty with a slice of provolone cheese if desired.
- Tip: Form the patties in advance and keep in the refrigerator until ready to grill. When you are ready to grill, allow the burgers to come to room temperature before cooking.
Similar categories: Burgers
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa