Spanish Spice-Rubbed Lamb Loin with Mustard-Mint Glaze
A solid winner form Bobby Flay!
- step-by-step directions
Spice-Rubbed Lamb Loin:
- 1 and 1/4 pounds lamb loin, trimmed of fat
- 2 heaping tablespoons Spanish Spice Rub
- 3 tablespoons pure olive oil
- 1/2 cup Mustard-Mint glaze
Spanish Spice Rub:
- 1/4 cup sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons dry mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- For the Spanish Spice Rub: In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, cumin, mustard, fennel, salt, and pepper.
- For the Mustard-Mint Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together the mustards, horseradish, honey, mint, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- For the Spice-Rubbed Lamb Loin: Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Season both sides of each loin with salt and pepper and rub one side of each loin with some of the spice rub.
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof saute pan over medium-high heat until it begins to simmer. Put the lamb in the pan, rub side down, and cook until golden brown and a crust has formed, about 3 minutes. Flip the lamb over and transfer to the oven until cooked to medium-rare (an internal temperate of 135ºF), about 8 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, tent loosely with foil, and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing. Serve slices drizzled with the glaze.
- Tip: Use any leftover glaze to drizzle on top of roasted vegetables or brush onto a roasted chicken.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa