Spring Pea Hummus
Make this delicious hummus with a spring twist!
- step-by-step directions
Spring Pea Hummus
- 2 cups fresh spring peas (shelled)
- 1/4 cup ramps (root end trimmed)
- 1/2 cup parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3/4 cup olive oil (plus 1/4 cup)
- 1 baguette (sliced ¾-inch thick)
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Bring a pot of salted water to a rolling boil. Add the peas and cook for 1-2 minutes, until just tender. Remove to an ice water bath to cool then drain and pat dry.
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Place the ramps on the grill. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- To the bowl of a food processor, add the parsley and pulse to finely chop. Add the blanched peas, grilled ramps, lemon juice and tahini. Season with salt then begin to puree until the peas break down. Stream in 3/4 cup of olive oil and continue to puree until smooth. Check for seasoning, adding more salt or lemon if needed. Cover and chill until ready to use.
- Meanwhile, liberally brush the sliced baguette on both sides with remaining olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Grill until nicely charred, soft and warm, about 1 minute per side.
- Serve the hummus alongside the grilled bread.
- The longer the hummus sits, the better the flavor.
- Instead of peas, try the hummus with fava beans!
- If you can't find fresh peas, use frozen and thawed.
Similar categories: Courses & Meals Appetizers, Starters & Snacks Vegetable Appetizers Dips and Spreads
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa