Strawberry Lemonade Cake
A viral sensation waiting to happen!
- step-by-step directions
Strawberry Lemonade Cake:
- 1/2 pound strawberries (hulled)
- 1 lemon (zest only)
- 1 cup lemon curd
- 3 large eggs
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Kosher salt (to pinch)
- nonstick cooking spray (for greasing)
- 1/2 pound strawberries (hulled and thinly sliced)
- 1 lemon(zest only)
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar (divided)
- For Strawberry Lemonade Cake: Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment spray and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a carafe of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment, add strawberries and puree until a smooth consistency. Measure out 3/4 cup of strawberry puree and transfer to a large bowl, add lemon zest, lemon curd and whisk to combine. Whisk in eggs, cake mix and a pinch of salt. Transfer to the prepared cake pan and bake for until the cake starts to pull away from the pan, about 45-50 minutes.
- For Topping: In a large bowl, add sliced strawberries, lemon zest and 2 tablespoons of confectioners' sugar, stirring to combine.
- Top cake with strawberry mixture and dust with remaining confectioners' sugars. Slice and serve!
- Tip: Get creative! Substitute your favorite fresh fruit and favorite flavored curd to give this recipe a tasty twist!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa