Stuffed Soft Pretzel Party
Have your own stuffed pretzel party tonight!
- step-by-step directions
Stuffed Soft Pretzel Party
- 1 pound store-bought whole wheat pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 shallot (finely chopped)
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup feta
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- flaky sea salt (to garnish)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (to garnish)
- 3 tablespoons butter (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (divided)
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (toasted and chopped)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 ounces pepperoni (divided)
- marinara sauce (warmed, for dipping)
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil and grease using olive oil.
- For the Mediterranean Pretzel: in a large sauté pan, add 2 tablespoons olive oil and place over medium-high heat. Add shallot and cook until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, about 3 minutes. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Remove mixture to a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Roll the pizza dough until into an 9 inch by 14 inch rectangle. Cut the dough lengthwise into strips that are 3-inches wide.
- Fpr each pretzel, stretch one strip of dough to about 14-16 inches long, and 3 inches wide. Sprinkle evenly with feta and mozzarella cheese. Top with spinach mixture. Roll the dough up in a jelly roll fashion to form a long tube. Pinch together the seam and and fold under the ends to close. Lift the dough up by both ends twisting the ends around each other to form a pretzel shape. Place pretzel on baking sheet, brush with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt and sesame seeds. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown and cheese has melted.
- For the Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel: in a small bowl add 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 2 tablespoons sugar. Mix to combine and set aside.
- In a medium bowl add cream cheese, remaining cinnamon and sugar and mix to combine. Place the cream cheese in a pastry bag. On the strip of pizza dough, pipe the cream cheese down the center of the dough. Top with walnuts. Roll log in a jelly roll fashion to form a long tube. Lift the dough up by both ends twisting the ends around each other to form a pretzel. Place on baking sheet and brush the dough with the melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and serve.
- For the Pepperoni Pretzel: on the strip of pizza dough, evenly sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, dried oregano and top with half of the pepperoni. Roll the dough in a jelly roll fashion to form a long tube. Lift the dough up by both ends twisting the ends around each other to form a pretzel. Place on a baking sheet, top with remaining pepperoni slices. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly and serve with marinara sauce.
- Tip: personalize your own pretzel with your favorite filling and cheese! Use regular pizza dough as an option.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa