This salad is a light & refreshing addition to your lunch or dinner!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen lima beans
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 6 ears corn (kernels removed)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cup basil (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice & zest
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium pot of boiling water, blanch the lima beans until almost tender and shock in ice water. Drain and set aside.
- In a medium sauté pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and corn season with salt. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to medium-low, add the beans and cook for 1 minute until tender but still crisp. Remove from heat. Add the tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and zest, and mix to combine. Transfer salad to platter and top with feta.
- Helpful tip: if using frozen corn, blanch before adding to salad.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa