Summertime Ambrosia Salad
A '70s classic!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 and 1/4 cups pineapple (cored, cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 3-4 Mandarin oranges (peeled, segmented)
- 1 cup red grapes (halved)
- 2 cups cherries (stemmed, pitted, halved)
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 and 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Ambrosia Salad: In a large bowl, add pineapple, oranges, grapes, cherries, coconut, sour cream and marshmallows. Stir to combine. Transfer to refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, divide salad amongst bowls and garnish with whipped cream.
- For the Whipped Cream: In a large metal mixing bowl, whip heavy cream using a large whisk until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla, and continue to whip until medium peaks form.
- Tip: Assemble the salad the day before and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
rate this recipe
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad
Peanut Butter Espresso Milkshake
Grilling Three Ways
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini