Summertime Ambrosia Salad
A '70s classic!
- step-by-step directions
- 1 and 1/4 cups pineapple (cored, cut into 1/2-inch chunks)
- 3-4 Mandarin oranges (peeled, segmented)
- 1 cup red grapes (halved)
- 2 cups cherries (stemmed, pitted, halved)
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 and 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup mini-marshmallows
- whipped cream (to garnish)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the Ambrosia Salad: In a large bowl, add pineapple, oranges, grapes, cherries, coconut, sour cream and marshmallows. Stir to combine. Transfer to refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- To serve, divide salad amongst bowls and garnish with whipped cream.
- For the Whipped Cream: In a large metal mixing bowl, whip heavy cream using a large whisk until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla, and continue to whip until medium peaks form.
- Tip: Assemble the salad the day before and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa