Taleggio and Salami Panini
So simple. So quick. So delicious.
- step-by-step directions
Spicy Fennel Honey:
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes
Taleggio and Salami Panini:
- 1/2 loaf focaccia (cut into 4-inch squares)
- 1 pound taleggio (rind washed, room temperature, thinly sliced)
- 12 slices fennel salami (thinly sliced)
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat. Wrap a brick in aluminum foil and preheat on the grill to sustain the heat while pressing the panini on the grill.
- For the Honey: In small saucepan over medium heat, add the honey, fennel seeds and chili flake. Warm through, about 3-5 minutes.
- For the Panini: Slice the foccacia in half widthwise. Lay the slices of cheese on the bread and top with the salami slices on one side of the bread. Drizzle the spicy fennel honey on top of the salami. Add the remaining piece of the focaccia. Place on grill and put the brick on top of the sandwich. Grill for 5 minutes per side--the bread should be crispy on the outside and the cheese should be melted on the inside. Drizzle with additional honey and serve.
- Tip: Prepare the sandwiches ahead of time, wrap in foil and keep warm in a 200ºF oven.
rate this recipe
Grilling Three Ways
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Giant Donut Cake
Corn Fritters with Spicy Honey
Cantaloupe Agua Fresca
Craig T. Nelson's Chicken Burritos
30 Layer Rainbow Crepe Cake
Pan-Roasted Ribeye with Radishes
Grilled Hot dog with Corn Relish and Pickled Red Onion
Summertime Ambrosia Salad