Teriyaki Fried Rice
Have some leftovers in the fridge? Try Clinton's Teriyaki Fried Rice!
- step-by-step directions
Teriyaki Fried Rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil (optional)
- 3 leftover cooked boneless skin-on chicken thighs (sliced into thin slices)
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and chopped)
- 1 piece ginger (2-inches, peeled and grated)
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced on a bias)
- 1 package fresh Asian stir fry vegetables (1 pound)
- 2 cups leftover cooked white rice
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar (optional)
- 1 lime (cut into wedges, to serve)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (leaves)
- In a large saute pan heat the canola oil and toasted sesame oil over medium high heat. Add the leftover sliced chicken and cook until the skin is crispy again, about 3 minutes.
- To the same pan add the garlic, ginger and scallions and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the Asian stir fry vegetables and cook until heated through. Stir in the leftover cooked white rice and mix to combine with the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper.
- Push the vegetable mixture to one side of the pan and add the beaten eggs mixing until the eggs have scrambled and are fully cooked. Mix all of the ingredients together until combined and add the teriyaki sauce and rice vinegar. Adjust the seasoning and serve.
- Top Serve: Spoon the fried rice into bowls and garnish with cilantro leaves. Serve with a lime wedge.
- Tip: Make this dish your own! Use leftover brown rice or leftover shrimp as a substitute.
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders