Thai Rice Noodle Wraps
Asian noodle salad lettuce cups are the ultimate healthy dish to serve up for your family!
- step-by-step directions
Thai Rice Noodle Wraps
- 14 ounce package stir-fry rice noodles
- 1 cup carrots (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 cup snow peas (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 cup red bell pepper (cut into matchsticks)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed (to garnish)
- sliced scallions (to garnish)
- cilantro (roughly chopped, to garnish)
- bib lettuce (to serve)
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and cook according to package instructions. Alternatively, pour the boiling water over the noodles in a large heat-safe bowl just to cover and let stand for 8-10 minutes. Drain and then immediately rinse under cold water, being sure to completely cool the noodles. Drain well and place in a large mixing bowl.
- To the noodles, add the carrots, snow peas, and bell peppers and toss to combine. Pour half the dressing into the bowl and toss until everything is evenly coated. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reserve the other half of dressing for serving.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, sliced scallions and cilantro.
- Serve in bib lettuce cups drizzled with extra dressing.
- For the Dressing: In a medium mixing bowl whisk together the peanut butter, lime juice, rice vinegar, and soy sauce. Add in the honey, garlic, and ginger and stir to combine. Whisk in the oil and season with salt and pepper.
- The dressing can be made ahead of time and stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can use tamari in place of soy for a gluten-free dish.
rate this recipe
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad