A classic dish from Michael Symon!
- step-by-step directions
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 3/4 cup parmesan (freshly grated)
- 3/4 cup Greek feta (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 package phyllo dough (thawed)
- 1 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add the ricotta, cream cheese, parmesan, feta, olive oil, dill, salt and pepper and stir until fully combined. Set aside.
- Roll out your sheets of phyllo dough and with the short end towards you, cut the sheets into 3-inch strips. Working with 1 strip at a time, brush the entire strip with melted butter. Top with another strip of phyllo and brush butter on top of that strip. Place 1 tablespoon of filling in the bottom right corner of the phyllo and then begin to gently roll up like a football, brushing with butter between each roll. Repeat until all the filling is used up. Place the triangles on prepared baking sheet and brush the tops with melted butter. Transfer to oven and bake for 15 minutes or until light golden brown and puffed. Allow to set for 5 minutes before serving.
- Tip: Assemble ahead of time and freeze, then bake for a fresh appetizer when ready to eat!
rate this recipe
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad
Peanut Butter Espresso Milkshake
Grilling Three Ways
Cajun Scallops with Grits and Tomatoes
Classic, Dry, Extra Dry or Extra Extra Dry Martini