Make a delicious soup that's perfect for a chilly day!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 quarts vegetable broth (divided)
- 2 cups tortilla chips (divided, save 1 cup for garnish)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes (divided, 15 ounces)
- 1 can black beans (drained & rinsed, 15 ounces)
- 2 limes (cut into wedges)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- In medium saucepot over medium high heat, add the 2 quarts of vegetable broth, bring to a simmer. Pour half of the broth into a blender with 1 cup of tortilla chips and half of the tomatoes. Blend until silky smooth, set aside. Reserve the other half and set aside.
- In a medium Dutch oven over medium high heat, add olive oil, onions, garlic and cumin, sauté until translucent about 3-5 minutes. Add reserved tomatoes. Sauté until the tomatoes break down, about 5 more minutes. Stir in the black beans, the blended broth, and the reserved broth, let simmer for 10-15 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Garnish with tortilla chips, sour cream, and lime wedges.
- Helpful Tips:
- Serve soup with some shredded chicken for a heartier dish!
- Use water or vegetable stock for a vegetarian dish!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa