Score big at the party with this quick and easy Touchdown Cake!
- step-by-step directions
- cooking spray (to grease)
- 1 box white cake mix (15.25 ounce box) or favorite cake recipe
- 1/4-1/2 cup colored sprinkles to match favorite team colors
- 3 cans vanilla icing (divided, 16 ounces each)
- 1 box store-bought white fondant (24-ounce box)
- 1/2 container green food coloring (divided, 1-ounce)
- 1 box store-bought orange fondant (24-ounce box)
- 1 box store-bought green fondant (24-ounce box)
- 1/2 bag sweetened coconut
- football candies (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease 9" x 13" cake pan with cooking spray, line with parchment paper and grease parchment. Make cake batter according to box instructions and add team colored sprinkles before removing batter to prepared cake pan. Bake cake according to box instructions. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan, remove cake to a baking rack to cool completely.
- Place 2 cans of icing in a large bowl. Dye with half of the green food coloring until bright green. Ice all sides of the cake.
Similar categories: Game Day Foods
rate this recipe
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Turkey Chili Burger
Crispy Beet Sliders