Turkey Chili Burger
A great burger idea!
- step-by-step directions
Turkey Chili Burger:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup onion (peeled, small dice)
- 1 red bell pepper (top removed, small dice)
- 1 jalapeno (top removed, seeded, minced)
- 1 and 1/2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled, minced)
- 1 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 and 1/2 pounds ground turkey (50/50)
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried pinto beans (lightly mashed)
- 6 Brioche rolls (toasted, to serve)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated, to serve)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, sliced, to serve)
- 1 recipe Hot Sauce Sour Cream (to serve)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper (to taste)
Hot Sauce Sour Cream:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- In a medium saute pan, warm olive oil. Add onion, red pepper, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder, dried thyme and stir to combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture has softened, about 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste, stir to combine, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, add turkey, beans, and cooled vegetable mixture. Mix with hands until mixture is fully combined. Divide mixture into 4 mounds and gently form each mound into a patty. Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large nonstick pan over medium heat with remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Place patties into pan and cook, flipping halfway, for about 5-6 minutes per side or until turkey is cooked through to an internal temperature of 165ºF. During the last minute of cooking, divide cheese evenly amongst patties, and allow to melt.
- To Serve:
- Transfer patties to bottom buns and garnish each with avocado and hot sauce sour cream. Top with bun and serve.
- For the Hot Sauce Sour Cream:
- In a small bowl, add sour cream and hot sauce. Stir to combine and serve.
- Tip: For a tasty twist, try with burger with ground beef, chicken, or bison!
rate this recipe
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa
Crispy Beet Sliders