Vegetable Lo Mein
This Vegetable Lo Mein is the perfect weeknight meal!
- step-by-step directions
Vegetable Lo Mein
- 4 large zucchini
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, or 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger, or 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 red, yellow, or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Tsp toasted sesame oil
- 4 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ground black pepper to taste
- hot sauce (optional)
- 1 scallion (green onion), sliced, for garnish
- To make zucchini noodles, cut off the ends of the zucchini and julienne using a spiral slicer to create noodle strands. If you don't have a spiral slicer, use a vegetable peeler or knife. (You can peel the zucchini or leave the skin intact.) Wrap the noodle strands in a few layers of paper towels and squeeze to remove some of the moisture.
- Liberally coat a large skillet with nonstick oil spray and warm it over medium heat. Saute the onion, stirring frequently, until it is slightly browned.
- Add the garlic, ginger, and belle pepper. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until the pepper is tender. Add the carrot, chicken, sesame oil, and 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce. Continue to cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Finally, add the zucchini and the remaining 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until zucchini noodles are tender. Add pepper and hot sauce, if desired. Serve with scallions on top.
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa