White Bean Bruschetta
This delicious White Bean Bruschetta is the perfect appetizer for impressing your party guests!
- step-by-step directions
- 2 tablespoons anchovy paste
- 1 cup black olives (pitted)
- 1/4 cup capers (roughly chopped)
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 can cannellini beans (15 ounces, drained and rinsed)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus more)
- 2 tablespoons black olive paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (thinly sliced, plus more to rub on toast)
- 6 slices Italian peasant bread (1-inch thick and grilled)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- For the Black Olive Paste: In the bowl of a food processor, add the anchovy paste, black olives, capers, mustard and vinegar, and pulse until finely chopped. While the machine is running, add the olive oil slowly and pulse until combined.
- For the Bruschetta: In a large bowl, add the cannellini beans, oil, black olive paste, balsamic vinegar, hot red pepper flakes, rosemary, basil and garlic and combine. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to high heat. Place the bread slices on the grill and char on both sides. Remove toasted bread to a cutting board and brush with a little extra-virgin olive oil. Rub a raw clove of garlic on the toasted bread. Spoon the bean mixture onto the bread and garnish with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Helpful Tips: 1. Toast the bread in the oven with extra-virgin olive oil rather than grill.
- 2. Make a batch of olive past and keep on hand for other uses such as bruschettas, pastas and paninis!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa