A tasty dip!
- step-by-step directions
- 4 cups Full-Fat Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt (to garnish)
- 2 tablespoons za'atar spice blend
- 8 slices pita bread (warmed, cut into triangles]
- 1/2 cup black olives (pitted, to serve)
- Line a large fine mesh strainer with 2 layers of cheesecloth. Insert the colander inside of a large bowl to rest, and set aside. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the Greek yogurt and salt. Transfer mixture to the prepared sieve and let drain in the refrigerator for 12 hours, or overnight. Drain any excess liquid occasionally to ensure cheese is not sitting in liquid. This should form the yogurt cheese into a dome shape.
- Remove the yogurt cheese dome to a platter. Sprinkle za'atar on top of dome, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle of sea salt. Serve with warm pita triangles and olives.
- Serve with fresh herbs (mint, parley or tarragon) and some lemon juice.
- Substitute store-bought za'atar for homemade za'atar (recipe included below).
- Homemade za'atar: In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (leaves only), 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds, 1 teaspoon sumac, 1/4 teaspoon flaky sea salt and 1 teaspoon lemon zest
rate this recipe
Skillet-Roasted Lemon Chicken
Chaufa: Peruvian Fried Rice (Nasi Goreng)
Greek and Italian-Inspired Stuffed Peppers
Asian-Stuffed Mushrooms with Thai Peanut Butter Sauce
Jerk Chicken Skewers
Sparkling Watermelon Agua Fresco with Basil Simple Syrup
Strawberry Lemonade Cake
Strawberry, Vanilla, and Cookie Dough Milkshake
Amaretto and Chocolate Chip Milkshake
Pepper Steak with Broccoli Stem Salad