Zabaglione with Berries and Chocolate
A tasty dessert!
- step-by-step directions
- 7 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2/3 - 3/4 cup dry Marsala wine
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1 cup strawberries (hulled, quartered)
- chocolate shavings (to garnish)
- For Zabaglione: Fill a medium saucepan with 1-inch with of water, place over medium heat. Place a large glass or metal bowl on top of the pot to create a double boiler. Add the egg yolks and sugar and using a hand mixer on medium-high, whisk vigorously until pale and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Once the water is at a simmer, add the Marsala wine and salt to the eggs and continue to whisk with the hand mixer. Beat on low speed until the mixture has tripled in volume, about 6-8 minutes. The finished zabaglione should coat the back of a spoon nicely. Remove the bowl from the heat and continue to whisk for an additional minute to prevent from over cooking.
- To Serve: In a medium bowl, toss together the blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries to combine. Spoon evenly among 6 glasses and top with the zabaglione and chocolate shavings.
- Tip: Make it your own and top with your favorite topping, like salted caramel or toasted nuts!
rate this recipe
Fried Rice Chicken Sandwiches
Mushroom and Shrimp Stuffed Shells with Pesto Bechamel Sauce
Grilled Potato Salad with Scallions and Pepitas
Lemon Bar Slab Pie
Cheesy Chicken Sliders
Fried Rigatoni Poppers with Sausage
Rose Pasta with Cherry Tomatoes, Squash and Zucchini
Herb Rosti with Fresh Tomato Basil Salad
Cheesy Caprese Potato Bake
Halibut with Beefsteak Tomatoes
Guacamole with Savory Corn Cakes
Fried Eggplant Sandwiches with Harissa