On the April 2nd 2015 episode of "The View" the co-hosts team up with "The Chew" crew for the "The Third Annual 'View/Chew' Cook-Off." Carla Hall and Rosie Perez make groundnut stew.
Full Groundnut Stew Recipe>>
CARLA HALL’s GROUNDNUT STEW
5 to 6 Servings
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 1 hr
Total Time: 1 hr 20 mins
- 2 Tbsp olive oil (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1½ Cups chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 2 Cups peeled, cubed sweet potatoes
- 1½ Cups cooked small red beans
- 3 Cups vegetable stock or broth
- 1 Cup chopped red pepper
- 1½ Tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tsp salt
- ½ Tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 Tsp black pepper
- 1 (14.5 oz. can) diced tomatoes
- 1 green or poblano chile roasted peeled, seeded and diced small
- ½ habanero, seeded and chopped finely (optional!)
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1+½ Cup water
- 3 Tbsp dry roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 1 lime, cut into wedge
- In a sautee pan add 2 Tbl of olive oil and cubed sweet potatoes. Season with salt and cook for 2-3 minutes until the potatoes begin to caramelized.
- In large pot, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté onion and garlic until soft.
- Add sweet potatoes, beans, stock, water, peppers, chiles, tomatoes & spices.
- Bring to a boil, then cover and cook on low until vegetables are tender (about 35 – 40 minutes).
- Take ½ cup of water and place in a small bowl, add peanut butter and whisk smooth.
- Add mixture back into stew and stir.
- Serve stew in bowls sprinkle with chopped peanuts.
- At the table squeeze lime juice onto soup.